How To Migrate An Existing Wordpress.com Site
This article can assist if the WordPress site is hosted on WordPress.com. Just follow these steps to export and import the data.
Please note: This article applies to websites hosted on WordPress.com. If your website is hosted with WordPress.org or another hosting provider, check out How to Migrate a WordPress Site.
- Login to the Old WordPress Dashboard.
- Click Tools.
- Click Export.
- Click Download Export File.
Note: Before you begin, make sure WordPress is already installed on the domain.
- Log in to the New WordPress Dashboard at the new domain name.
- Click on Tools and then select Import.
- Scroll down the page to the bottom.
- Click the link that says WordPress.
- Click Browse and open the file that was exported.
- Click Upload file and import.
- Create or select the author for all posts.
- Mark the checkbox for import file attachments.
- The WordPress site has now been imported.
Some larger sites require you to increase the PHP memory, upload size, and execution time. If you run into a memory issue importing a large file, please see How to Increase the PHP Memory Limit.