MS Publisher: Publishing your Site
- Open your Web site in Publisher
- Click on File > Publish to the Web (a window will open up asking you to put in the files name, delete the name in the box)
- Under the file name type http://www.yourdomain.com (then click save. Publisher will try to login to your account)
- Type the username: password: your main Bluehost password (then click ok. Publisher will log in to your account.)
- Under file name, now type index.html and click on save.
That's it. Publisher will automatically upload your files to your account for you. Then, any time you make changes to your site in Publisher, you will just follow the same steps and the program will automatically add the updated pages to your account.
If you have trouble, here is an alternative method to prepare and publish a website built in Microsoft Publisher:
- Create an empty folder on your desktop as a clean location for the files you are about to upload.
- Open the website you created in Microsoft Publisher.
- Open the homepage from the pages you created if you have created more than one page.
- Go to the file menu and select "Save as".
- Browse to the folder you created on your desktop.
- Set the "save as" type to "webpage" (make sure you do not select "single file web page" as that will not work.
- Set the file name to be "index.htm"
- Click Save.
- Check the new folder you had created to see if there is a file named index.htm and a folder named index_files. If you do not see these two files or they are named differently you will need to delete the folder and start over at step one.
Once you have reached this step and have the correct files you are ready to upload them. Please refer to the FTP Tutorials for more information regarding the uploading of your files to your account. Please note that you need to upload the index.htm and index_files folder to your public_html folder for your website to be visible from the Internet.
If you have any problems, publish to your desktop using the publish to the web option and then save it locally on your desktop. Then use a client such as Filezilla to upload the entire web site.