Website Builder (for WordPress) - How to Add and Manage Contact Forms
This article applies to the Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress). For information about using the Bluehost Builder (our express website editor not connected to WordPress), please see Bluehost Builder - How to Add and Manage a Contact Form.
If you are not sure which version you are currently using, please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) vs Bluehost Builder for more information.
Adding Contact FormsTo begin, you will need to access the Bluehost Builder Editor.
- Navigate to the page and location on the page where you would like to add your contact form.
- Click the + (Add Section) icon. A 'Sections' menu will open to the left.
- Select Contact Form from the 'Sections' menu.
- Select a layout option, and the Website Builder will add the form to your page.
Managing Contact Forms
- Select the Contact Form you wish to edit.
- Click the 'Settings' (gear) icon, and the "Contact form options" menu will appear.
- You will have three sets of settings to customize your contact form preferences:
- Form Fields: Here, you can toggle what information your form will collect from visitors.
- Form Address: Here, you can specify which email address you will receive contact form submissions at.
- Success Message: Here, you can set the confirmation message visitors will see upon successfully submitting your form.
- Permission Message: Add a custom message to let visitors know they need to give permission for you to email them back.
- Click the Save button when finished to save changes.
Checking Contact Form SubmissionsWhile you should receive an email notification when someone submits information through a form on your site, you can also check submissions from within your Bluehost Website Builder.
- Select the contact form you would like to check submissions for. The Contact Form menu will appear to the right.
- Select the Manage form submissions button, and your form submissions will load.
- Click Refresh to check for new submissions.
Deleting Contact FormsTo delete a contact form, simply remove the section. For more information on managing sections, please see Bluehost Website Builder - How to Manage Sections.
Note: Your edits and updates are reflected instantly in Website Builder, but don’t forget to hit Save or Publish to save your work.