Website Builder (for WordPress) - How to Add and Edit Text
This article applies to the Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress). For information about using the Bluehost Builder (our express website editor not connected to WordPress), please see Bluehost Builder - How to Add and Edit Text.
If you are not sure which version you are currently using, please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) vs Bluehost Builder for more information.
How to replace the placeholder text with your textThe builder fills text boxes with placeholder text to help you visualize how your text will look on the page. Here’s how to replace the placeholder text with your words:
- Select the section where you want to add your text.
- Select the text you want to replace.
- If the text is housed in a text box, you can edit the text directly. If the text is connected to the info in your Settings (this includes things like your site name, business address, and your Terms of Service), the Settings panel will open so you can edit the text there.
How to add a text section
- Open the page where you want to add a text section.
- Click the + icon (Add Section), and the Section panel will open on the left. Select Media/text (for images/video plus text) or Text (for text only).
- Choose a layout option, and the text section will be added to your page. You’ll see placeholder text to give you an idea of where and how your text will be displayed.
- Select the placeholder text, then start typing or paste in your text to replace the placeholder content.
- Format your text as needed.
To edit your text, select the text you would like to update. The text toolbar will appear above your selected text. Use the options in the text toolbar format your text. You can choose from the following editing options:
|Formatting text||Use the B, I, and U icons to bold, italicize, or underline your text.|
|Adding Links||Click the 'chainlink' icons to add or remove links. For more information on adding links, please see Bluehost Website Builder - How to Add Links.|
|Resizing text||Select the number/percentage on the toolbar (default is 100%). This number indicates the current size of your text. Use the - and + icons to either side of the percentage to zoom out or in.|
|Changing text color||Select the “A” icon from the far right side of the toolbar to view and choose one of the colors from your selected color theme. For more information on changing your color theme, please see Bluehost Website Builder - How to Change Site Appearance|
How to edit the way the text appears in the sectionWhenever you select a Media/text or Text panel on your page, the Text or Media/text side menu will appear on the right side of the builder. These settings affect the overall section settings more than the settings for the individual text boxes, but you can control alignment and decide what elements appear in the section.
Setting AlignmentUnder the Alignment heading, select the alignment option you want, and it will be applied to your text.
Adding or removing section elementsAdd or remove visible elements to your text section. These include:
Editing the backgroundTo change the background of a Text or Media/text section, select the Text or Media/text section to edit. Select the Background tab from the panel on the right. From here, you can choose a background color, image, or video. For images and video, you can add a color layer with adjustable opacity to make your text more visible by selecting a color from the Overlay options. You can also set movement effects for your image from the Effect menu.
Note: Your edits and updates are reflected instantly in Website Builder, but don’t forget to hit Save or Publish to save your work.