Website Builder (for WordPress) - How to Connect a Domain
This article applies to the Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress). For information about using the Bluehost Builder (our express website editor not connected to WordPress), please see Bluehost Builder - How to Connect a Domain Name.
If you are not sure which version you are using, please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) vs Bluehost Builder for more information.
There are a few different ways to connect your website to a domain so that people can find it online:
- Use a domain from your Bluehost account.
- Use a temporary domain Bluehost - Website Builder will do this for you if you are not ready to choose a domain name.
- Connect a domain name later.
To begin, you will need to access the Bluehost Builder Editor. Once you are ready to publish your site:
- Click the Publish button towards the top right corner of your screen. You will see a new window pop up showing your temporary URL.
- Click the Choose Domain button.
- Select your preferred domain from the drop-down.
- Click the Connect this domain button.