Email Application Setup: Outlook 2007 for Windows
Add a New Account
- On your computer, open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
- Go to Tools > Account Settings...
- Click New... in the upper left-hand corner of the Email tab.
- Choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, and click Next.
Account SettingsEnter the details in each field on the screen:
- Your Name: Enter your name as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages.
- E-mail Address: Your email address.
- Account Type: IMAP or POP3. We recommend IMAP.
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.example.com, replacing example.com with your domain name.
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.example.com, replacing example.com with your domain name.
- User Name: Your email address.
- Password: Your email account password.
- Click More Settings.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" checkbox.
- Ensure you're using the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- For IMAP with SSL*, change the following settings:
- Incoming Port: 993
- Outgoing Port: 465
- SSL: SSL/TLS
- Authentication: Normal password
- Click OK.
- Click Next and then Finish to complete the email account set up
For other configuration settings, check Email Device Setup in your Email Manager, or refer to our How To Setup Email Account - Client Setup SSL/TLS Settings - POP & IMAP article.
You're done! Outlook 2007 is now correctly configured to send and receive emails.