File Manager - How to Copy and Move Files
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a different feature of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Editing Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Access File Manager
- Copying and Moving Files Process
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
You will need to have a basic understanding of how to navigate the File Manager in order to complete these tasks.
- Log in to your Bluehost Account Manager.
- Click the Hosting tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Under Quick Links, click on File Manager.
- Choose to open Web Root and Show hidden files.
- Locate and select the files or folders you want to copy or move (Hold control to select multiple items or hold shift to select a group of items).
- With the appropriate files and folders selected, click the Copy icon or Move icon from the top menu.
Alternatively, you can right-click on the selected files and folders and click on Copy or Move from the drop-down menu, as pictured below.
- A popup box will appear confirming the final destination for your files. The default destination path for the copied or moved files to go will be the current folder you are in. Replace this with the appropriate destination path for the files to go.