My Account is set up for Recurring Charges. Why am I being Contacted to Pay?
My account is set up for recurring charges. Why am I being contacted to pay?
Unfortunately, Bluehost may not always know the exact reason why a payment method fails to authorize charges on recurring payments. However, there are several common reasons why such payments could fail:
- The account lacks the funds requested
- The card has expired or is otherwise no longer valid
- The card was reported as lost/stolen and deactivated by the issuing authority
In addition to the above reasons, there is an increasing trend in issuing companies to requiring that the customer's security code on the back of the card be submitted along with the recurring request for payment. Unfortunately, it is illegal for Bluehost to store this number. As a result, some cards will work the first time, but fail every subsequent time. The only options we can suggest are to use a different credit card, or login every month to your cPanel and pay your invoice manually. You can pay an invoice manually by following these steps:
- Click the Profile/Billing tab at the top of your Bluehost Control Panel
- Select the button for Renewal Options
- Click the Renew Now button
- On the order screen you may select the term of renewal you would like
- Select your preferred payment method
- Click the Pay Now button