My Account is set up for Recurring Charges. Why am I being Contacted to Pay?
Unfortunately, Bluehost may not always know the exact reason why a payment method fails to authorize charges on recurring payments. However, there are several common reasons why such payments could fail:
- The account lacks the funds requested.
- The card has expired or is otherwise no longer valid
- The card was reported as lost/stolen and deactivated by the issuing authority
In addition to the above reasons, there is an increasing trend in issuing companies requiring that the customer's security code on the back of the card be submitted along with the recurring request for payment. Unfortunately, it is illegal for Bluehostto store this number. As a result, some cards will work the first time but fail every subsequent time. The only options we can suggest are to use a different credit card or log in every month to your cPanel and pay your invoice manually. You can pay an invoice manually by following these steps:
- Log in to your Bluehost Account Manager.
- Click RENEWAL CENTER from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Check the box to select a product/plan, and click the Renew Now button.
- Review the items in your Shopping Cart and remove anything you do not intend to purchase or renew by clicking the X next to it.
- Adjust terms to your preference, then click Continue to Checkout.
- Select your payment method.
- The credit card on file is the default payment method. If this is the card you wish to use, enter the CVV2 code to proceed.
- For you to use another payment method, click the Change Payment Method link.
- Select to use a new credit card or your PayPal account, and then follow the directions on the screen.
- When you’re ready, click Process Order at the bottom of the screen to complete your payment.