How to Renew Your Domain
By default, domain registrations are set to auto-renew, meaning that fifteen (15) days before the expiration date, we'll try to renew it on your behalf using the payment method associated with your account. If the renewal is successful, a copy of the receipt will be directly emailed to you. If it doesn't work, we'll remind you to renew your domain before it expires manually.
Steps to Renew Your Domain
Follow the steps below to renew your domain manually:
- Go to the My Account Login page.
- Once logged in, find and click the RENEWAL CENTER tab on the lower-left corner of your My Account Manager dashboard.
- On the Renewal Center section, please do the following steps:
- Check the BOX of the domain name under the Products & Services column.
- Click the RENEW NOW button.
- Click the Shopping Cart icon on the top-right corner of the page to process your payment.
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Click the Domains tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Follow the steps below:
- Click the ▼ icon next to Manage.
- From the drop-down selection that displays, click Renewal.
- Under the domain renewal date, click the Renew button. You will be rerouted to the Shopping Cart after clicking the Renew button.
We'll email you reminders at least sixty (60) days before the domain expiration date at the email address you provided. At least two reminders will be delivered before the expiration date, and one reminder will be delivered within five (5) days.
Your domain name will expire if we cannot acquire payment on or before the due date for renewal.
Your domain registration will become inactive upon expiration and be replaced with a parking page that notifies visitors that the domain name has expired. Other services you had connected to the domain name may no longer be available. The domain is regarded as abandoned if it is not renewed. We reserve the right to sell, remove, auction off, or otherwise dispose of the name at any time.
Your domain name will go into a holding period and might be acquired by a third party as soon as 31 days following expiration. If a third party purchases the domain name within this time, you cannot renew it.
As early as forty-four (44) days after expiration, if a third party has not purchased your domain, the domain will enter a thirty (30) day Redemption Grace Period.
If you wish to renew your domain name during the holding period or while it is in redemption and a third party has not otherwise purchased it, you may be able to restore it. However, if you renew your domain name during the holding or redemption period, we can charge you a reactivation cost of $70.00 (in addition to the yearly renewal fee).
Once the redemption period ends, most registries hold a domain name for five (5) days before deleting it and releasing it for general registration. A domain name is not recoverable during this five (5) day pending deletion process.
For more information about Domains, please see Domain Name FAQ.