How to Renew Your Domain
Domain registrations are set to auto-renew by default, meaning we'll attempt to renew it on your behalf 15-days prior to the expiration date using the payment method on your account. If the renewal is successful, we'll email you a copy of the receipt. If it's unsuccessful, we'll email you a reminder to manually renew your domain prior to the expiration date.
Follow the steps below to manually renew your domain:
Steps to Renew Your Domain
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Go to the Domains menu.
- Scroll down and select your domain from the list on the left.
- To the right of the domain, click on the Renewal Options tab.
- Select Renew Now and click Save Changes
- Read over the payment options and make any needed changes.
- Click Pay Now to complete the process.
Should you choose to allow your domain to expire, the domain will be deactivated on the expiration date. It will be set to Bluehost parking name servers, meaning your domain will no longer resolve to your content, and you will no longer receive emails at that domain. You have up to 30 days to renew your domain registration before it enters the redemption holding period.