Welcome! The Bluehost account manager has been updated. This design will make it a lot easier for you to manage your account. To make sure you’re able to find your way around, we’ll guide you through the account manager’s options. Let’s go!
This is your homepage, where it all starts. This is what you’ll see when you go to https://my.bluehost.com/web-hosting/cplogin You’ll also see any alerts that need your attention, for example when a domain name is about to expire.
In the section Pick up where you left off, you’ll see some quick links that directly guide you to sections you most frequently visit.
The left navigation menu
On the left, you’ll see four different sections: home, domain name, hosting, and security.
- Home: This will take you to your personal homepage. Here, you’ll find recommended articles, quick links to your most visited sections, and any alerts you need to tackle.
- Domain name: You can find all the details associated with your domain name(s). For example, what it’s connected to and what is shown to the public.
- Hosting: A useful overview of all your sites, information about your server and site usage.
- Security: If you purchased any security products, this is where you’ll find all the information about those products and services, including when they expire.
On the bottom left, you’ll see two more sections: renewal center and marketplace.
- Renewal center: Here, you’ll see your domains and other products. You’ll be able to see the renewal status, and when a product is going to renew or expire. You can also add new payment methods for each of your products here.
- Marketplace: If you want to buy an additional resource or service, you can do so here. Give it a look to see what’s on offer!
The drop-down menu in the upper right corner
In the upper right corner, you’ll see your username. If you click on it, you’ll open a drop-down menu with:
- Home: A quick link to the homepage.
- Renewal Center: A quick link to the Renewal Center.
- My Profile: Access to your profile, where you can see and edit your contact and profile information, as well as your account security, like your password and security pin.
- Users & Roles: Manage the different people who have access to various aspects of your account.
- My Payment Methods: An overview of the payment methods you’ve added and are using. You can add new ones here!
- Order History: This shows an overview of the products you’ve purchased.
- Log out: You can also use this menu to log out.
When you select ‘My Profile’ in the drop-down menu, you’ll see a page with all the information about your profile and security.
Here, you can manage your login credentials, your contact details, and enable additional account security. For example, you can enable 2-step verification.
Users & Roles
If multiple people are working on your site, you might benefit from giving them their own account. In this area, you’ll be able to give them access to certain areas of your site.
How do you assign roles? It’s very simple! Click on Add User in the top right corner, and you’ll see a pop-up where you can fill in the name and email of the person you want to add.
Next, you’ll select a role for them. This can be either an Admin or Tech.
- Admins have total access to your account except for updating the Primary & WHOIS Registrant info.
- Techs can only manage and renew products and services on your site.
My Payment Methods
This page will give you an overview of all the payment methods you’ve added to your account. If you want to add a new payment method, you can do so here. Simply click Add payment method.
Here, you’ll find an overview of all the products you’ve purchased. You’ll be able to see when they were purchased, your order number, and what payment method you used.
You’re also able to download an invoice of a purchase if you want. Simply select the purchase(s), then click Export invoices.
Let’s go back to the home page! Click on the Domain tab in the menu on the left to open the domain overview page. If you’ve purchased multiple domain names, they will be listed here, along with information like status, renewal data, and whether the domain registration details are protected with Private Registration. If you want to view the details of a specific domain name, simply select it!
On the Domain Overview page, you’ll see the domain name you are currently managing at the top. Below, you’ll find the status of said domain name and if it’s connected to any services. In addition, you’ll see when your domain name will renew, and your contact information.
Below the Domain Overview, you’ll find multiple sections that you can click on to expand them. They are:
- Domain Connections: Here, you’ll see if your domain name is currently in use and what service it is connected to. You can connect it to a website, social media, email, and more.
- Domain Contacts: This shows you who is going to be contacted if there are questions about your domain. This information is stored in the WHOIS public database.
- Domain Security: You can turn on or off your SMS security alerts here. It will also show you if you’ve turned on SiteLock.
- Transfer or Move Domain: You’ll be able to start the process of transferring your domain name to another account, person or registrar here.
- Advanced Tools: This section offers you more control and allows you to customize and manage your nameserver settings as well as DNS records.
The Domain Name menu
Now that you’re in the Domain Name section, you’ll see that the menu on the left has expanded.
You’ll now see four extra options:
- Buy Domain Names: If you click this, you’ll be taken to the Bluehost website where you can register and buy a new domain name!
- Start Transfer In: This is where you can transfer your domain name to Bluehost’s services!
- Custom Nameservers: You’ll be able to create or edit the name of one of your servers.
- Reports: If you click on reports, the Account Manager will download a report of your domain name(s), plus their expiration and renewal dates, and the name of the account holder.
If you click on the Hosting tab on the left, it will open the hosting overview page. If you have multiple hosting packages with Bluehost, you’ll see all of your plans and their renewal dates listed below. For more details, you can click on a plan.
If you are viewing an individual hosting package, it will be listed at the top with additional information about your hosting plan. You’ll be able to see details about the plan and when it renews. Furthermore:
- Sites on [your hosting plan] (Hosting): You’ll see what sites are connected to your current hosting plan.
- Server Information: What it says on the tin! If you click here, you’ll find all the information about your server.
- Usage: You’ll see how much you’ve used of your disk space.
How to add a new site
Below the overview, you’ll find the Sites on your hosting plan (Hosting). Aside from having a useful overview, you can also add sites to your plan. How? By simply clicking on Add site.
You then have to provide a site title.
Next, you can connect your new site to a domain. Don’t worry, you can also skip this step. We will provide a temporary domain for you to use.
And congratulations! You’ve set up a new site.
You’ll see the new site in your overview.
If you click on the three dots on the right, you’ll can either:
- Log in: This will take you to your WordPress website’s backend. Here, you can start building your site.
- Manage: You’ll see an overview of information about your new site. For example, the URL, and which WordPress version, hosting plan, and server you’re using. See screenshot below.
In this overview, you’ll have a few tabs at the top. These allow you to view:
- Security: An overview of all the security products attached to this site, and security settings that you can enable.
- Backups: An overview of the backups tools. You can also create a new backup here if you have set up a backup tool like CodeGuard.
- Plugins: If you’re using plugins on your site, you’ll find all of them here. You can enable or disable your plugins here, and you can even turn on automatic updates to always have the latest version.
- Users: You’ll be able to view and manage all the users that have access to your WordPress site.
- Speed: This section is all about site speed, which is important for your SEO among other things. You can clear your cache here, and view your Cloudflare plan.
- Advanced: As it says on the tin! You’ll find the advanced settings here, such as SSH access, FTP access, domain redirects and more.
- Settings: This is an overview of all the basics, like your domain name and site URL, your hosting plan, your disk usage, and more.
If you click on the Security tab on the left, you’ll see the security overview page.
Here, you’ll see all the security products you’ve purchased and are currently using. You’ll be able to see when they expire and if you have auto renewal on. If you need to renew products, you can do so by clicking the large Renew button. You’ll then be sent to the Renewal Center.
You can also buy an SSL certificate on this page. Simply click the Buy SSL Certificate button in the top right corner, and you’ll get a pop-up with an offer.
If you click on the Renewal Center tab on the bottom left, you’ll see an overview of all your current products.
Here, you’re able to renew your products, domain name, security products, and more here. You can also enable or disable auto-renew, or switch to a different payment method.
If you click on the Marketplace tab on the bottom left, you’ll see a page with multiple products. They are ordered per category: migration, professional services, hosting, security, and email.
You’ll be able to purchase amazing services like PRO Website, where a team of our experts will build a great-looking website for you. Definitely give the marketplace a look!
Have fun with the new account manager!
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding of the new Jarvis Account Manager. A new interface can take some time to get used to. But we hope it will make things a lot easier for you in the long run!
If you have any questions about any aspects of website building, website management, you can access our knowledge base. For more in-depth guides and how-to articles, our blog is your best friend. And our support team is available 24/7 to help with any concerns you have.