Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How To Edit Website Files With The File Manager - File Manager Guide
You are able to use the File Manager to make changes to many of the files on your account. Please keep in mind that if you are using a dynamic website (Blog, CMS, Shopping Cart, ect) these instructions might not apply.
Finding the file name
For the URL:
The filename would be: page-name.html
Modifying files with the File Manager
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Under the Files and choose File Manager.
- Double click the public_html folder icon in the center section of the screen.
- Select the file for the the page you want to edit. Usually the homepage or default page is index.htm or index.html.
- After you select the file, you can right click on the file and choose Edit or Code Edit, or you can use the icons along the top of the screen to edit the file.
- The file should open in a new tab or window in your browser.
- Once done making your changes, click the Save button, located in the top right hand side of the window.
- It may be necessary to click Reload or Refresh on your browser to see the new version.
Recommended Help Content
FTP - Uploading the website
How do I upload my web site?
File Manager - How to Upload Files
This article will walk you through uploading files using the File Manager
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
Related Help Content
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
Website Pre-Publish Checklist
You have invested a significant amount of time creating and perfecting your website, and you're ready to publish it for the world to see! Are you really though? Use this checklist to ensure your site is ready for publication.
File Manager - How to Create, Remove, and Edit Files
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager.
My Website Is Slow
The website is taking a long time to load. It just seems slower today than normal.
File Manager - How to Compress Files into an Archive GZip
This article will explain how to utilize GZip through the file manager.
Moving website contents to Bluehost
I need to transfer my website from my old host to Bluehost, but I do not know how to do it without losing files or mail.
How To Embed Flash Files In A Web Page - Embed Code
How to embed a flash file in a webpage
Publish Using MS Publisher
How do I publish my Web site using Publisher?