Given the importance of online purchasing and digital marketing, having a quality website is critical for developing a business.
As the most popular content management system (CMS), WordPress might be an excellent foundation for creating your own website. It provides several benefits to small businesses seeking to develop an internet presence.
In this article, we’ll go over top 11 reasons why you should use WordPress for your small company website.
Reason # 1: WordPress is easy to setup
WordPress has a simple and quick setup process, making it easy for beginners and pros alike to create a professional-looking website with zero coding or design experience.
Most web hosting companies offer one-click installation of WordPress, which means that you can have your website up and running in just a few minutes.
Additionally, WordPress offers a Quick Start Wizard, pre-built themes, core software updates, daily backups, and 24/7 support, making it easier for small businesses to create their website.
Reason #2: You own your website
With WordPress, you have full ownership of your site, which means that you have complete control over your website’s content, design, and functionality.
This is because WordPress is an open-source platform, you can modify and customize it to meet your specific needs. You can choose from thousands of free and premium themes and plugins to customize your website’s look and feel, and you can add or remove features as needed.
Additionally, you can move your website to a different hosting provider or domain name registrar if you need to, without losing any of your content or data. This gives small businesses the flexibility and control they need to manage their website effectively.
Reason #3: WordPress is easy to use
WordPress is all about user experience and ease of use. Its dashboard is the easiest to navigate of all the major CMSs available. The WordPress core team focuses on improving this even more with every release. When it comes to your business, time is money and you should be able to accomplish the task at hand as quickly as possible.
Reason #4: WordPress is budget conscious
WordPress is Open Source. That means the source code is available to you free of charge. You still need a place to store and run this code, but the code itself is free, making the overall cost very affordable for the small business looking to get started.
Reason #5: WordPress offers multi-user and user roles
WordPress supports multiple users out of the box and users with different roles and permission levels. This is nice because the business owner does not have to do all the site operations and can trust that any user can accomplish the tasks needed with the appropriate role.
Reason #6: WordPress has a massive selection of themes
WordPress has thousands of free, customizable themes available at WordPress.org that can be tweaked to match the look and feel of your business. If you are looking for something with more options, many premium themes have additional features that can help. We always recommend using a plugin for functionality, but some premium themes have additional visual features. Check out MOJO Marketplace for top-quality premium themes.
Ready to go beyond basic themes and hire a designer to design a custom look and layout for your site? You can build custom themes for WordPress to meet your exact needs. This would be more expensive than a pre-built theme but can be built to match your brand exactly.
Reason #7: WordPress has free and paid plugins
There are thousands of plugins available on WordPress.org to add additional functionality to your site. Create a simple contact form or a complex e-commerce site by just adding a few plugins. It’s easy to add things that help you accomplish business goals like increasing email capture and mailing lists. If there is a service you need, there is probably a plugin available to help you get it on your WordPress-powered website.
Reason #8: WordPress has a mobile app
There are WordPress apps for iPhone and Android that allow you to update content, publish content, and even manage many aspects of your website on the go. You don’t have to be in front of a computer to update your site. The mobile apps make it easier than ever to keep your site up to date for all your visitors.
Reason #9: WordPress offers the ability to scale
As your site becomes more popular and starts getting loads of traffic, you will need to look into optimizing it. There are plugins available to help and this is where a custom theme will start to look even more attractive. If your themes and plugins are optimized, you may find yourself ready to make the jump to a larger server. This is a good problem to have as it means your site is popular and growing. Whether you are going from Shared to VPS or Optimized Hosting for WordPress to a Dedicated server, Bluehost is here to help.
Reason #10: WordPress is very SEO-Friendly
WordPress is renowned for its built-in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) features, making it an excellent choice for small businesses looking to enhance their online visibility. Here are some reasons why WordPress is SEO-friendly:
- Clean code: WordPress generates clean and well-structured HTML, which search engines prefer. This contributes to better indexing and ranking in search results.
- SEO plugins: WordPress offers a wide array of SEO plugins, the most popular being Yoast SEO and All in One SEO Pack. These plugins help users optimize their websites for search engines, providing valuable suggestions for improving content, meta tags, and more.
- Speed and performance: Page loading speed is a key SEO factor. WordPress websites can be optimized for speed through various techniques, such as caching, image optimization, and content delivery networks (CDNs).
- User-friendly URLs: WordPress allows you to create user-friendly, customizable URLs (known as permalinks) for your content. This enhances the relevance of your web pages for search engines.
- Regular updates: WordPress releases regular updates to improve security and functionality. These updates help ensure your website stays optimized for search engines and remains secure.
Reason #11: WordPress is fast and responsive
A fast and responsive website is crucial for user experience and can directly impact your small business’s success. Here’s why WordPress excels in this aspect:
- Efficient coding: WordPress is built on efficient and lightweight code, which contributes to faster loading times. Additionally, you can optimize performance further with the help of plugins, content caching, and other performance-enhancing tools.
- Responsive themes: Many WordPress themes are designed to be mobile-responsive “out of the box.” This means your website will adapt to different screen sizes, ensuring a seamless experience for users on smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
- Content delivery networks (CDNs): WordPress seamlessly integrates with CDNs, such as Cloudflare or MaxCDN, which distribute your website’s content across multiple servers worldwide. This reduces server load and accelerates page loading speed.
- Image optimization: WordPress allows you to optimize images without compromising quality. This not only helps in faster loading times but also improves user experience.
- Caching: Caching plugins like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache can dramatically reduce page load times by storing static versions of your site’s pages, reducing the need for repeated server processing.
In conclusion, WordPress stands out as a paramount choice for small businesses venturing into the digital realm. This popular content management system offers a myriad of benefits, making it an invaluable asset for those seeking to cultivate a robust online presence. Its user-friendly interface and quick setup process simplify the task of creating a professional website, even for beginners. This accessibility is further enhanced by the multitude of themes and plugins available, allowing for extensive customization and functionality tailored to specific business needs.
Ownership and control are key advantages of WordPress. Businesses have full ownership of their sites, granting them autonomy over content, design, and functionality. This open-source platform enables seamless modifications, ensuring that the website evolves alongside the business. The flexibility to switch hosting providers or domain names without losing content is a significant boon, offering businesses the adaptability they require in a dynamic digital environment.
WordPress’s cost-effectiveness is another compelling reason for its popularity among small businesses. The open-source nature of the platform means that the core software is free, reducing the overall expense of establishing an online presence. Moreover, WordPress’s support for multiple users and roles enhances operational efficiency, allowing for delegation and streamlined site management.
The platform’s SEO-friendly features are particularly noteworthy. With clean code, powerful SEO plugins, and regular updates, WordPress sites are well-positioned to rank higher in search engine results, thereby increasing visibility and attracting more traffic. The emphasis on speed and responsiveness is also crucial, as these factors significantly impact user experience and, consequently, business success. Responsive themes and integration with CDNs ensure that WordPress sites load quickly and perform well across various devices and regions.
In essence, WordPress provides a comprehensive, flexible, and cost-effective solution for small businesses aiming to establish a strong online presence. Its ease of use, customization options, and SEO-friendly attributes make it an ideal platform for businesses to grow and thrive in the ever-evolving digital landscape.
Get started with an affordable WordPress hosting plan with Bluehost today!