Free WordPress Migration
Starting on April 23, Bluehost began offering free website migrations for qualifying WordPress websites within the first 30 days after signup. The offer includes the transfer of one WordPress website and the ability to review the site before it goes live.
This offer will be available for a limited time, starting April 23, 2020.
- Transfer of one WordPress.org site
- Additional sites must be covered under a paid website transfer*
- Additional WordPress sites nested in sub-directories count against this quota.
- Emails are not included.
- Transfer completion estimated 2-3 days after receiving valid previous hosting credentials
|Customer Qualification||Website Qualification|
You will be able to claim your free migration through our site at signup or within the first 30 days of signing up from the Marketplace.
- Log in to the destination account (the account that you want to migrate to).
- Click Marketplace, then choose Professional Services.
- Click Pro Services from the side navigation menu to the left, then click on the Site Migration tile.
- Under the Free Site Migration option, agree to the free migration terms and conditions, then click Get Started Now.
- Enter the domain name into the entry field, and check compatibility.
- Once compatibility has been verified, you will need to log in to your WordPress admin dashboard and install the Bluehost Site Migrator plugin.
- Once the plugin is installed and activated, a menu item will appear on the left-hand side menu titled Site Migrator.
- Click Site Migrator. If the screen is blank, scroll down, and the content should appear.
- Click check compatibility.
- Click through the prompted steps after checking compatibility. The process can occasionally still fail at this point. If generating backups fails, it’s most likely that you have run out of disk space. If you see a message saying, “It looks like your site didn’t transfer,” the server you are currently hosted on is most likely too slow to connect to our server to transfer the files.
- Once you have logged in after clicking on the final link provided by the plugin, you will verify the account you are migrating to. The Source Domain and the Destination account (where you are migrating to) will be presented. After confirming that you are logged into the correct Destination account, click Proceed.
- Once the transfer is complete, you will be able to Review and Approve your Site on a temporary URL within MySites.
- After clicking “Approve Site,” we will make the final adjustments on our side to finalize the transfer of your website to Bluehost.
- The final step is to Connect Your Domain! Contact your Hosting Provider for your Domain name to change your name servers to the correct Bluehost name servers. Click here for more information.