How to Clear Your Browser Cache
A cache is a temporary storage for website data used to improve your browsing experience; however, sometimes, the cache can store outdated information and will need to be cleared. In most modern browsers, you can access the menu to clear your browser cache by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Delete.
Chrome - Desktop and Mobile Devices (Android)
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right corner, click the ⋮ (vertical ellipses), then select More Tools.
- From the More Tools drop-down, choose Clear browsing data.
- The new tab will prompt you to choose a time range.
Note: To delete everything, select All time.
- Select Cached Images and Files, then click the Clear data button.
Chrome - iPhone (iOS),iPad, and Desktop
- Open Chrome.
- Look for the options menu ( … ) Horizontal ellipses at the top right corner.
- Click the Settings.
- Scroll down and click the Privacy menu item.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data.
- A list of what you can clear will appear.
- Tap on each entry to choose whether or not it will be cleared.
- Once done, click the Done button.
Here’s the instruction on how clear the cache using the Mozilla Firefox browser:
- Click the Menu button ( ≡ ) three parallel horizontal lines at the top right corner of the Firefox window.
- Click Options with the gear icon (⚙️)
- On the left-hand side, select the 🔒 Privacy & Security section.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section and click Clear Data.
- Choose what to clear using the various types of history by simply making sure to put a checkmark in the checkbox.
- Once you have selected it, click the Clear button to delete it.
Here’s the instruction on how clear the cache using the Safari browser:
- Select the Safari icon or browser.
- The easiest way to clear your cache is to use this shortcut: CMD+ALT+E.
- In the main and from the drop-down menu button, click Preferences...
- Once a pop-up appears, click on the Advanced tab.
- Check the option Show Develop menu in the menu bar at the bottom, then click Develop.
- After you click Develop, you can now select Empty Caches from the submenu items.
- Refresh or reload the site once done.
Here’s the instruction on how clear the cache using Internet Explorer:
- Open the Internet Explorer browser, then click Tools.
- Then click the Internet Options. (If you don't see this, press the Alt key to show the menu bar.)
- In the General tab, under the Browsing History section, click Delete.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, select the checkboxes for Temporary Internet Files and website files and Cookies and website data.
- Click the Delete button.