When the pandemic waves beat the global economy to a pulp, the businesses had to evolve.
And they did.
QR code marketing is one of those new and easy strategies that businesses adopted to expand and upscale during the pandemic.
Through QR codes, businesses have promoted products and services to potential customers by simplifying the processes and assuring a non-contact operation during the pandemic.
Read on to learn how you can use QR codes for your business:
QR Code Marketing
QR code marketing involves using Quick Response codes (QR codes) that mobile devices can scan and understand in an instant.
With a single scan of QR code using a camera app, smartphone users gain quick access to URLs, product brochures, mobile applications and related information without you needing to type out the required information.
QR code marketing benefits various industries. Common QR code uses appear in social media promotion, virtual shopping and non-contact product sale.
QR Code Ideas
- Product customization
- Feedback collection
- Location finding
- Social Media visibility
- Customer acquisition
- Increased app downloads
- Lead generation
- SMS and email marketing
1. Product Customization
Customers looking for unique and personalized experiences yearn for product customizations. Global brands like Nike have found QR code uses in helping their customers get their preferred product.
You can either use a QR code to send your customers to the customization page or generate unique QR codes for a customized product and provide instant ordering.
QR code marketing in product customization applies to most industry types. You can place QR codes on webpages, posters, business cards, flyers, billboards or other marketing materials.
2. Feedback Collection
As a business owner, you should always look for ways to collect customers’ feedback as it helps in both improving your products and promoting them.
Through QR code marketing, you can simplify feedback collection. Place QR codes on your receipts and labels and let your customers scan them to tell you how they feel about your products and services.
QR code usage in reviews gathering facilitates both customers and businesses. Customers can provide feedback within seconds and businesses get electronic feedback they can analyze in real time.
3. Location Finding
You can use QR codes on your billboards to help customers locate your business or retail store.
Position your billboard in an attention-grabbing location and include a QR code that links to your location on Google maps.
4. Social Media Visibility
QR code marketing for social media visibility involves adding QR codes to your posters and flyers linking to your social media accounts.
Hire a professional graphic designer to create quality materials for you with QR codes linking to your social media embedded in them. Customers scanning these QR codes will land on your social media pages giving you increased brand awareness.
5. Customer Acquisition
Customers like businesses that give discounts, giveaways or freebies.
Use QR code marketing to increase your customer acquisition and loyalty rate. Generate QR codes for your special offers and discounts and facilitate your new customers to find you in seconds.
6. Increased App Downloads
While mobile apps simplify the ordering process for customers, rarely does a customer search a business’s name in Google Play or App Store to download the app.
You can bypass that by using QR codes.
Place your QR codes on windows and tables at your storefronts to encourage app downloads while the customers wait for their order.
7. Lead Generation
With QR codes marketing, lead generation becomes a smooth task the moment visitors reach your landing page.
You can create your QR code for providing free resources or a trial for products that leads to a contact form.
8. SMS and Email Marketing
QR code marketing also works for text messages and emails.
Email marketing is a simple and creative process with QR codes. You can send out a prompted email or message to customers with coupons, deals and seasonal greetings. All your customers need to do is scan the QR code in these emails.
For SMS marketing, you can try the SMS QR code generator, which sends SMS to the linked number — scan QR code to text SUB to 1234and avail of this 40 % discount.
Creating a QR Code
You can create a QR code for your business without any hurdles.
Follow the steps below to create a QR code:
1. Choose a Suitable QR Code Generator
You can find several free and paid QR code generators online. While the free generators get the work done, you might need paid services for advanced business needs.
Some popular QR code generators are as follows:
- Scanova: A popular and comprehensive QR code generator that has both free and premium plans, which support websites, location data, contact information and more.
- Visualead: An affordable subscription-based QR code generator for big and small businesses with branded QR codes.
- QR-Code-Generator: It features both free and premium plans — with paid version providing dynamic QR codes that can be edited on the fly.
- QR Stuff: Completely free QR code generator that also provides high-quality, customizable custom QR code prints for products like t-shirts, throw pillows and coffee cups.
- goQR.me: Another QR generator that offers static QR codes for free while the dynamic QR code service is only available as a premium package.
You can use these QR code generators without any prior coding knowledge. Simply fill your information in the appropriate fields and click a button to get your QR code.
2. Decide the Kind of QR Code You Want
After you have opted to use QR code marketing and choose a QR code generator tool, determine whether your company needs a static or dynamic QR code.
Just like the name implies, static QR codes remain fixed. You can’t alter their functionality after using them in your marketing efforts.
If you want to use the same QR code you have already printed on billboards across the city for another initiative, you need a dynamic QR code. You can alter the information contained in dynamic QR codes any time you want.
3. Select Your Content
Decide on the kind of content you want to embed in your QR code. Go for the content type that works best for your business and fulfill your marketing needs.
You can perform QR code marketing to:
- Market third-party apps on iOS and android
- Provide access to restaurant menus and make quick orders
- Enhance your brand awareness on social media pages
- Drive traffic to your e-commerce store
- Improve marketing strategy using business cards
- Customize product packaging
4. Pick Your Customizations and Designs
Ensure that the QR code generator you choose suits your business’s design theme.
Instead of the default black and white QR colors, you can customize it to:
- Include your logo
- Have colorful graphics highlighting the content
- Animate when hovered by a cursor
5. Test and Download Your QR Code
Before you print your QR code on promotional materials, test it several times. Fix any errors you discover.
QR code marketing requires error-free procedures, especially if it’s a static QR code because you cannot change it without bearing significant marketing losses.
Once you’ve tested your QR code, download it. Most QR code generators support multiple formats for ease of use.
If you intend to use QR codes on a webpage, download it in JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIF or JPG formats. Whereas you can save your QR code in PDF, EPS and SVG formats if you want to print it.
Tips for QR Code Marketing and Generation
To get the best out of generating and marketing QR codes for your business, follow the tips below:
- Make your QR code big: It should be at least one by one inch — for computer and mobile users. Ensure that it is clear enough for everyone to see and scan.
- Use a QR code generator: To easily and quickly download error-free QR codes, use a QR code generator.
- Put a call-to-action around your QR code: Give your customers a good reason to scan your code by adding a call to action (CTA).
- Position your QR code correctly: Place your QR code in a location where your customers can quickly see and scan it.
- Use a QR code with mobile-optimized size: Ensure that your QR code displays well on mobile devices.
- Include only vital details: Don’t overload your QR code with unnecessary data when creating your QR code to avoid errors.
Final Thoughts: 8 QR Code Marketing Ideas for Businesses
QR code marketing is an excellent digital marketing strategy to expand your business.
There are several uses of QR codes for marketers — like brand reach, direct mail branding, customer attraction, feedback collection and content marketing — in various modern industries.
If you’re yet to start QR code marketing in your business, follow our procedures above and incorporate QR codes in your marketing campaigns today.
Are you looking to create a website that supports QR code marketing?
Check out Bluehost’s hosting packages.