Creating a website for your business is essential, as almost 90% of consumers discover local businesses online.
But what’s next after launching your website? The excitement you have and the growth strategy you’ve put into developing your business won’t make a difference without website promotion.
How you promote your website for increased brand awareness, website traffic, and conversions doesn’t have to be expensive if you use free ad sites for your business.
You can achieve your marketing goals by using free business advertising sites without spending money on paid marketing.
Keep reading to discover:
- How to promote your website free of cost
- Free ad sites to promote your website online
- Ways to promote your business locally and for free
How To Promote Website Free of Cost
- Do email marketing
- Start guest blogging
- Perform influencer marketing
- Improve your website’s SEO
- Use free ad posting sites
- Promote your business locally
Do Email Marketing
Email marketing is a powerful way to promote your website for free, converting at more than 15%.
Consider sending personalized email newsletters to your audience to:
- Notify them of new product launches
- Market your existing offers
- Share your latest blog post
- Share tips they might find useful
To get the most out of your emails:
- Test various formats, including email blasts, personalized emails, and company emails
- Add a branded email signature
- Write in a conversational tone
- Use compelling calls-to-action (CTAs) and include links to your website
- Encourage readers to share your website with their contacts
Start Guest Blogging
Guest blogging is a way to reach a larger audience who might not follow you (yet) by publishing content on websites in your niche.
By writing a guest article on a higher authority website, you’re automatically promoting your business to that website’s subscribers for free. To find out the domain authority of a website, you can check its Alexa ranking.
Whether you write a guest post or accept them on your website, you’re increasing your brand awareness and expanding the reach of your business. You’re also positioning yourself as an expert in your industry.
Guest posting boosts your SEO ranking and credibility, especially when a website links to yours.
Perform Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is when you reach out to influencers and top professionals in your niche for collaborations, quotes, and features. You can also achieve this by intentionally building relationships with them.
For instance, you can ask for quotes from influencers in your industry. This way, you’ll get an exponential increase in your reach and website traffic.
You can send your pitch through emails or social platforms. Tag the professionals or influencers when the post goes live. Naturally, this will compel them to share it with their followers.
Improve Your Website’s SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is an effective way to boost your organic traffic and website ranking on the SERPs (search engine result pages). With good SEO, you’re able to promote your website to the right audience when they enter search queries relating to your business.
Here are some effective SEO strategies:
- Optimize your title tag for the SERPs.
- Increase page speed using caching plugins and reducing image sizes.
- Integrate backlinks and internal links into your website content.
- Add ALT text to your website photos and HTML tags.
- Use relevant keywords naturally in your posts.
- Add a meta title and description and keyword metadata to your web pages.
- Start a blog to promote your website online while establishing yourself as an authority in your niche. Blogs are a great way to increase your brand exposure and organic traffic by offering insights about your products and other related topics.
Free Ad Posting Websites
- Online directories: Angie’s List, Better Business Bureau, Yellow Pages, Manta
- Social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest
- Social bookmarking forums: Quora, Reddit, WikiHow
- Online marketplaces: Craigslist, OLX, Classified Ads, eBay, Geebo, Hoobly, Oodle, and Gumtree
There are several free ad posting sites you can use for website promotion. Above is a list of free ad sites you can choose from if you’ve been trying to find where to advertise online for free.
Keep reading to learn how to use these free websites to promote your website.
Submitting your website to online directories is a quick and easy way to boost your SEO and help promote your business on the internet so prospective clients can find you.
Business directories like Google My Business are free ad sites that help people discover everything about your business on search engines, including your website, work time, contact details, and location.
Google My Business is available to all business types and industry specifications. It’s the most used online directory with almost 60% of consumers checking customer reviews.
Other online directories you can advertise your website on include:
Social Media Platforms
Social media doesn’t just let you connect with different people from around the world. It also empowers you to share your business promotions.
You should build an effective social media marketing strategy to increase your brand awareness, promote your website, and consistently gain clients for your business.
Here are some tips to get the most out of your social networks:
- Post valuable content consistently
- Engage with your audience through direct messages, comments, shares, and reactions
- Take advantage of special features such as tags, live videos, reels, hashtags, stories, pages, and groups
- Cross-promote your content on multiple social media platforms
- Add social shares to your website for easy content distribution
The top social media platforms you can use as free ad sites to promote your website include:
Social Bookmarking Forums
You can use social bookmarking forums as free online advertising sites to improve your SEO ranking by getting more inbound links.
These forums include:
Social bookmarking forums function as free ad sites to promote your website and as potential sources for customers.
To promote your website on social bookmarking forums:
- Create an account and add your website address to your profile
- Post useful ads in forums relevant to your industry to get in front of your target audience
- Provide valuable additions to existing threads
- Subtly direct users to your website if it will be a helpful resource
Online marketplaces consist of free classified ads sites and other advertisements such as magazines or online classified boards. These websites empower you to promote your website without any cost.
With these free ad sites, you can promote your website to a large audience and get even more valuable backlinks to your webpages by making classified listings.
You can add your company information to your profile on online marketplaces after making your product listing. Online advertising classified websites include:
Promote Your Business Locally
You can also promote your business locally and for free in the following ways:
- Join local communities, participate in discussion forums, and share information about your business to gain exposure.
- Start a social media or live challenge to expand your audience. You can start online with a hashtag or physically by putting up banners around your location.
- Build a loyalty program to attract new customers and retain those that exist. By doing this, your customers will promote your business by telling others about your deals.
- Ask for reviews when a customer makes a purchase. Encourage them to use free ad sites for customer reviews such as Google My Business, Amazon, Yelp, and G2. You can also ask them for referrals.
- Give back to your community. The charities and organizations you help will broadcast your good deeds, thus, promoting your business.
- Deliver excellent service to your customers to stand out among your competitors.
Advertising your local business can be profitable even with free advertising websites. You just need to know how to promote your website on these marketing channels.
Start using an effective approach to improve your SEO, register your website on free ad sites, and be consistent with the advertisement methods you develop.
Make sure you provide outstanding customer service, which is the fastest way to differentiate your business from the competition and promote your website.
When your customers are satisfied with their experience, they’re more likely to become fans of your brand and help you promote your business free of charge.
Ready to launch a website for your business? Check out Bluehost’s hosting plans today.