Backup and Restore File or Folders with Site Backup Pro tool
Site Backup and Restore helps protect account files, databases, email accounts, email forwarders, and filters from loss. Restoring files is quick, simple, and easy. Backups are created automatically daily, weekly, and monthly. Users can download a copy of their entire site for safekeeping whenever they want for peace of mind.
The free version backs up the data, but users cannot restore databases. The Pro tools give users the power to restore any file(s)/database(s) necessary. It grants them the ability to restore either all databases or a specific database. This extends to files, where customers can restore individual files or folders. This is helpful if only one of their sites was affected by something, and they don't want to restore unaffected content.
- Site Backup Pro Features
- How to access and manage your Site Backup Pro
- Accessing Site Backup Pro
- Managing Site Backup Pro
|Automatic Backups||Makes a daily backup copy of a website to prevent data loss.|
|Daily, Weekly, and Monthly||With long, medium, and short-term backup archives,|
you have a greater chance of finding the version you are looking for.
|One-click Restore||Restore files automatically by replacing current files with the backed-up versions.|
|Quick and Easy||Only three steps to recover files.|
|Restore Databases and Tables||Easily restore MySQL databases. You can also select individual tables to restore.|
|Recover Single or Multiple Files||Quickly recover only the file or files needed.|
|Download .zip Archives of Files||Downloading a .zip allows customers to have instant, offline access to their files.|
To backup or restore your website files, you can use the Site Backup Pro tool, located within the File Management category of your cPanel.
Choose if you would like to Browse, Download, or Restore the files in the backup.
- Downloading a backup - there will be a prompt to choose a date. Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate date of the backup you wish to use. Next, choose the type of compressed file you would like to download. This could be a .tar or .zip file, then click download now.
- Browsing the files - there is a drop-down menu in the top right-hand corner that allows you to select the backup date.
- Restoring files - a pop-up menu will ask you to choose which backup date to restore from.