Many businesses are adjusting their business model and strategies due to COVID-19. While it’s important for small businesses to stay flexible through this transitional period there are several ways your small business can adapt to COVID-19. Whether you are nonprofit seeking donations or a business looking to host an online event, there are options to pivot with different services and products.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- How do I transition my business to an online model?
- How do I connect with my clients easily and effectively?
- What do I do during a business downtime?
Consider eCommerce Solutions
While this may not be a quick lift for your business, it may have a long term benefit.
- Sell without being present
- Moving your retail business online will allow you to sell your products to people regardless of their physical location.
- Skip the overhead costs
- eCommerce solutions are cheaper for most businesses. You avoid the costs that come with having a storefront.
- Manage inventory online
- Using online storefronts like WooCommerce allows you to manage your inventory, payment gateways, and more.
If you’ve struggled with creating content for your blog or social media before, start now.
- Establish an SEO strategy
- Identify some core content that ranks well in your industry and write that content. Writing it now will help your SEO six months down the line. Put it in a calendar to keep track.
- Schedule social media posts
- Create social posts and schedule in advance to keep yourself consistent. Note: social platforms have high engagement right now—capitalize on that.
- Allow visitors to subscribe
- Add a plugin to get visitors to subscribe and send emails with updates, offers, and more. This can help create a loyal following.
Update Your Business Plans or Pricing
- Calculate your CODB
- Your CODB (Cost of Doing Business) is the easiest way to create your pricing list for your products or services.
- Rethink Your Target Audience
- With so many changes in the economy and the addition of many social platforms and eCommerce solutions, make sure you are targeting the right customer and finding where they are online.
- Update your website
- Make sure your website is accurate. Change your theme or design if you have the ability. Also, make sure you have the right branding to attract your target audience.