WordPress - Theme Demo Content
The first option is easy and will work if your theme offers this functionality. Please note that the process can differ on theme purchases but generally follows similar guidelines. We’ll use the Highend Multipurpose WordPress theme for this demo because it features one-click demo imports from the theme dashboard.
How-to Import Theme Demo Content
- Within the WordPress Dashboard, find and click on the Highend tab (in the left-side menu).
- Select Import Demos.
- Browse available demos and click Import Demo on the one you want to import.
- Import and install the required plugins suggested by the theme. You may also need to activate the plugins depending on the theme.
- Import all suggested demo content. If you are an advanced user, you may wish to customize what content is imported.
- Wait for demo content to install as this may take some time.
- If the import has successfully been installed, you may close the import window to return to the WordPress dashboard.
- Click the home link in the WordPress dashboard to preview your website and verify demo content was successfully installed.
- To start editing your site content and theme settings, you will want to use the options in the WordPress menus located to the left.
Then, as simple as that, you’ll have the full demo design installed on your website, ready for you to customize and replace the content with your own.