Getting Started with Your New Account
A hosting account is a powerful tool for you to use not only in building and managing your website but also for email, web applications, and much more. We've got everything you need to get started right here, so keep reading!
- New Account Basics
- Domains & DNS
- Email Accounts
- Build Your Site
- Billing References
- Login Management
- Finding Help
Just getting started? Log into your control panel and take a look around.
You need two things to have a successful website: a domain name and a hosting account. If your domain isn't registered here, make sure its name servers are pointed to Bluehost.
- Purchase a New Domain
- Transfer Your Domain Name to Bluehost
- Assign Domains to your Account
- Create and Assign Sub-Domains
- Modify Your DNS Records
- Domain WHOIS Update and Verification
How do you want to build your site? Choose from our in-house site builder powered by Weebly, install WordPress, or check out the options from Mojo Marketplace. And if you've already got a site, add an FTP account and move your files to Bluehost!
- Website Builder
- Install WordPress
- Create an FTP Account
- File Manager Overview
- Managing Your Database Using phpMyAdmin
- How to Create and Delete MySQL Databases and Users
Take control of your brand's reputation and set up a professional email @ your domain. Once you've got an account, log into your webmail or configure it to be delivered to an email application.
- Email Account Setup
- Email Application Setup
- Create an Email Forwarder
- Add an Email Autoresponder
- Email Troubleshooting
Secure your website and give customers peace of mind. We offer multiple tools and products to help you maintain your website's integrity.
- SSL Certificate Information
- How To Activate Free SSL Certificate - Free WordPress SSL Setup
- How to Order SiteLock
- Basic Site Security Checklist
Use our backup tools to ensure you always have a current copy of your website to back up from or make changes to.
- Jetpack - Backup and Restore
- Getting CodeGuard Set Up for Backups
- VPS & Dedicated Hosting: Managing Backups with SFTP
- Account Backup Policy
We're flexible folks, which is why we have several payment options, adjustable renewal settings, and easy access to your billing history.
- How to Use the Renewal Center in Account Manager
- Managing Renewal Options with Rock Accounts
- Update Your Credit Card
- Update Your Contact Email Address
Accessing your account is as easy as entering your domain name and password on the login screen. Secure your login by enabling two-factor authentication and single sign-on!
Search our Help Desk or open a chat! We're here to help.